If you think about buying a property in Turkey, the Real Estate Buying Guide At Turkey which we have have prepared below will show you the way on many issues.
Although you have the opportunity to invest in property in many places of the world, why buy real estate from Turkey?
We are sure that this question has come to your mind as well. Although Turkey offers rich options for you in terms of real estate, it is a country worth living in every aspect. However, you must be able to accurately evaluate the real estate you buy as an investment. Turkish real estate offers you advantages in this regard as well.
We are well aware of the difficulties of making a decision to buy property outside of your own country and taking the necessary steps. People you don't know, locations you don't know. And trust...
There may be questions in your mind about "Why buy real estate from Turkey?". To simplify this challenging process, here are below you can check some of the issues you may be interest in when buying property.
As MELARES Turkey Properties, we are happy to provide you with maximum help in all of your property purchase processes and all kinds of matters you are curious about with our experiences.
In 2012, with an amendment in the Land Registry Law, "reciprocity" requirement has been removed for the foreign real persons who will acquire property in Turkey. With this amendment, citizens of 183 countries may acquire real estate in Turkey regardless of the condition of reciprocity. As a matter of confidentiality, there is no clear list of the 183 countries. For that matter, information can be obtained from Turkey Embassies / Consulates and from the General Directorate of Land Registry and Cadastre.
Before, it was impossible for citizens of Islamic and Arab countries to acquire property in Turkey. With the change made in 2012; citizens of Arab and Islamic Countries are provided to purchase real estate in Turkey (excluding Syrian nationals).
Real persons of foreign nationality can obtain all kinds of property such as housing, workplace, land and field in our country (provided that the legal restrictions are complied with).
What are the Legal Restrictions on Foreigners' to Buy Property?
* A foreign real person, may purchase real estate maximum 30 hectares in general of Turkey and can obtain limited real rights.
* In some districts, the proximity of the property to military prohibition and security zones is being investigated. If there is no security restriction in the area concerned, the foreigner may purchase property.
* Real persons of foreign nationality may receive real estate and limited rights up to 10% of the district area which is subject to private ownership.
* In the following conditions liquidation provisions is applied;
+ Properties acquired in violation of the provisions of the Law,
+ Properties that used contrary to the purpose of acquisition which determined by the relevant Ministry and Administrations,
+ In case the property is purchased for projecting, not to apply to the relevant Ministry within the period,
+ Properties whose projects were not realized within the period.
The Turkish real estate market has always been active and will continue to do so. With each passing year, increasing the number of foreigners who own property in Turkey also needs to fulfill certain procedures, such as Turkish citizens.
You can examine the processes related to purchasing property in Turkey.
In order to make these processes easier for you, experienced and expert consultants of MELARES Turkey Properties will be with you at every step.
1. To Do General Research Related to Turkey
To do a general search related to the regions of Turkey, cultural and social structure, the cost of living will be useful. As a result, determine that on which region of Turkey you want to get the property.
2. Analyze Your Expectations and Identify Needs
When you want to have a property in Turkey, you need to find the accurate answers to some important questions.
* Do you want to buy the property to live / invest?
* Are there locations you particularly prefer?
* What are the most important criteria you are looking for in the property?
* What is your budget range?
3. Choosing the Right Real Estate Company
There are hundreds of real estate firm in Turkey, especially in Istanbul that perform property sales to foreign countries. However, it is very important that you do a good research and choose the right company. Because the real estate company that you'd prefer in Turkey will be your hand, your eyes, your ears, your mind, your advisor and briefly your everything.
Many subjects are important like the sector experience of company, website content, advertisements, team. You can check the information that you wonder about MELARES in our About Us and Services section.
4. Contacting the Real Estate Company
In order to choose the right real estate company, firstly contacting to the company provide you great benefit. In this way you can get information about the properties you are curious about, and you will have a little observation about the corporate culture of the company from the approach of the Call Center Consultant.
5. Visiting the Real Estate Company
When you come to Turkey, you must visit the company that you have previously contacted. This visit will provide to be done a preliminary presentation of the portfolio that you are interested in. It also allows you to see the physical conditions of the real estate company that you intend to work with, the team and whether it is a useful institution.
MELARES acts in the following ways, in order to use of your time in Turkey effectively.
* Before you coming to Turkey, we organize e meeting day with you.
* We will meet you at the airport on the day and time you will come to Istanbul.
* We have the first meeting in our office.
* We offer you private property alternatives that we have already worked on to suit your needs.
* We will agree with you in which region the properties will be more suitable for you.
6. Participating in an Effective Real Estate Tour
In order to find the right property, it is absolutely necessary to see the portfolio on its place. However, visiting dozens of properties to find the right option will tire you, waste time and confuse you. Because if you have identified your needs correctly beforehand, the number of properties that can suit you in your preferred regions is also evident. An experienced Buyer Advisor already offers you the solution that best suits your needs.
We as MELARES Turkey Properties;
* Thanks to our Expert Buyer Advisors, we only show you the properties that can suit you. We don't waste your time with those who don't suits.
* In addition to property properties, we give you detailed information about the living and investment features of the region.
* We also inform you about legal procedures related to property purchases in Turkey.
* When you decide to purchase property, we will be with you for opening a bank account, obtaining tax number, citizenship processes and all other issues.
7. Comparison Between Properties
Make a healthy comparison of the locations you have visited in the real estate tour, property features, whether they fully meet your expectations. Our Buyer Consultants will give you for the necessary support in every matter you need.
8. Analyzing Financial Conditions
Do a detailed analysis of the sales prices, payment and campaign conditions of the properties you visit. Our experienced Buyer Consultants give you the right guidance in order to get the accurate property in the region you want with the right price and payment terms.
9. Reserving the Property that You Chosen
When you select a property that is visited by tens of different people every day, you must quickly pay for the reservation. When you pay the reservation price, it prevents you from selling the property you choose to another, also stabilise the price of the property and you are not affected by the possible price increasing.
10. Signing a Contract
Make sure that all agreed features and conditions of the property you are going to purchase are listed in the contract. Then, officially start the process by signing the Real Estate Sales Promise Agreement. In this process, the sale price of the property will be paid within the agreed conditions.
MELARES absolutely will be with you at the contract signing stages.
11. Opening a Bank Account and Obtaining a Tax Number
Before any formal transaction related to the purchase of property, it is necessary to obtain a tax number from the tax office on your behalf and to open an account at the bank.
The MELARES team is here to assist you in these processes.
12. Realizing the Title Deed Transfer
For the title deed transactions, an application is made to the Title Deed Directorate with the necessary documents in accordance with the pre-determined date and time. Necessary deed taxes and fees are paid during the application. As a result of the transactions you sign the title deed document issued on your behalf. MELARES helps you with all kinds of title deed procedures and guides you.
Documents Required for Transfer of Title Deed;
* Title Deed Certificate of the real estate or village / neighborhood, block, parcel, building, independent section information,
* Identity Certificate or Passport (with translation if necessary),
* Obtaining 'Real Estate Current Value Certificate" from the relevant Municipality (this document is provided by the Seller),
* Real Estate Appraisal Report,
* Compulsory Earthquake Insurance Policy for buildings (residential, office, etc.),
* 1 picture of the seller and 2 pictures of the buyer (in the last 6 months, 6x4 size),
* If there is a party that does not speak Turkish, certified interpreter,
* Original or approved copy of the power of attorney together with its translation, in case of transactions carried out by power of attorney issued abroad.
The "building license", known as the zoning permit, is the type of license issued by the Municipalities or the Directorates of Environment and Urbanization for the construction of the building. Construction cannot start without a building license.
It is the document that shows the ownership of a land. This deed is called ‘share title deed’ or ‘soil title deed’.
It is the easement (usage / utilization) right established on the buildings under construction. (It is a type of right that gives the right holder the right to use it on that property.)
In case the real estate is constructed and completed in accordance with its approved project, it is a document issued by the relevant Municipality and showing the permission to use the building.
It is a kind of private property established on the parts of (floor, apartment, business office, shop, store, cellar, warehouse, etc.) a completed structure which is suitable for use separately according to the Law of Ownership.
It is a document issued with the establishment of floor easement in the buildings that under construction and showing the right of use on the property.
It is the document which shows the ownership of the property after the residence permit has been obtained in the completed buildings.
When the building with easement is completed, it is to change the quality of the main real estate in the land registry by applying to the Deed Office together with the inhabiting (building use permit) certificate. The expression of "Floor Easement" in the title deed records is to be changed to "Floor Ownership".
It is a record placed on a property by the debtor in favor of the creditor and recorded in the title deed register to ensure that a debt will be paid. The mortgage is removed when the debt is paid in full.
It is the contract that constitutes the basis of trading transactions between the customer and the company in a project whose title deed is not ready yet. In the sector it is named as “Real Estate Sales Promise Contract" olarak.
It is defined as the sum of the usage areas (lounge + rooms + balconies + wet spaces) of the independent section. In general usage language; It can also be described as “Sweepable Area..
It is defined as the sum of the areas where walls and supporting systems are added to the net area of the apartment. In an other saying; it can also be defined as common areas on the floor where the apartment is located (except elevator, stairs, floor hall).
It is calculates by adding the common area share to the gross square meter of the apartment. Car parks and technical areas are not included in the relevant common area share. General Gross Square Meter, is the square meter that constitutes the basis for sales.
The title deed is the official document showing the owner of a real estate. On the title deed, the square meter information of the independent section (residential - commercial, etc.) is never included. Writes the share ratio.
In general, the title deeds are divided into three types;
* Land Title Deed
* Floor Easement Title Deed
* Floor Ownership Title Deed
Below you can examine the title deed types separately.
It is a title deed that shows the shares of the land that does not have a structure on it. It is also called as share title deed. The land title shows the percentage and names of shares owned by the person or its shareholders (if any).
On the land title deed, it does not indicate which area the shareholders have on the land. Each shareholder is a shareholder of the land in proportion to its share. By making a contract between them, they can determine which share on the land belongs to who. However, this information does not appear on the title deed or in the land registry.
In addition, for a property a bank loan cannot be used by Land Title Deed.
It is a document issued with the establishment of floor easement in the buildings that are under construction and showing the right of use on the property.
Bank credit can be used to purchase a property with a Floor Easement Title Deed.
Characteristics of the Floor Easement Title Deed;
* With this title deed, the shareholder is given shares from the land.
* The person is not the owner of the real estate. It only has the right to use it.
* On Land Title, there is also block - floor - independent section number information along with land share.
* On the "Main Property Characteristic" section of the title deed, it writes land. (The main real estate is still in land status because of the building has not been completed yet.)
* In the title of "Independent Section" of the title deed, it writes the type of the property (as residence, office, shop).
* Since there is no settlement yet, individual subscription cannot be made for electricity and water. Consumption fee is paid on the construction site rate.
It is the document which is issued after the property is completed and the residence permit is obtained, it shows the ownership of the property.
The Floor Owership Title Deed (condominium) is the most ideal title deed.
Characteristics of the FloorOwnership Title Deed;
* It has a permit to reside in the real estate.
* Shares given from the land; is turn into title deed of real estate like housing, workplace..
* Each independent section turns into separate real estate.
* Persons have private ownership of the property. They have the right to use the property in accordance with the law.
* The title of the "Main Real Estate" section of the title deed shows exactly what the structure / building is. (Eg; 15-storey reinforced concrete building)
* In the title of "Independent Section" of the title deed, it writes the type of the property (as residence, office, shop).
* Electricity and water can be individually subscribed and consumption is paid on the city tariff.
The purchasing power and payment preferences of the property buyers will vary.
While some investors wish to benefit from the discount by paying in advance, some investors may prefer to buy in installments to evaluate their current money or due to budget constraint. You can learn about the property purchase financing models which are generally applicable to the purchase of property in Turkey.
It is the payment of the entire value of a real estate at once. The property amount is paid by the real estate investor to the construction company account at once and immediately.
In advance payment method, construction companies generally provide significant discounts. If you want to buy your property at a discounted price, you can choose to pay in advance.
Advance discount rates vary from company to company; for example; a property with a price of 600,000 USD can be sold in cash at a price of 510,000 USD with a 15% discount.
Instead of paying the cost of the real estate at one time, a customer can pay the amount in installments and / or as interim payments with its delay difference.
Construction companies offer installment payment methods to customers who do not have the opportunity to pay the entire amount of the property at once or do not want to use bank loans. In summary; except for cash purchases and bank loans, the type of borrowing made to the company is called "Company Financing". Although these payment methods vary from company to company, they may be offered in monthly installments for a certain period of time or at the end of a period. For example;
* If 300.000 USD of a 600.000 USD property is given as a down payment and the remaining amount is paid to the company in monthly installments for 36 months, this is called “Company Installment”.
* If 300,000 USD of a property worth 600.000 USD is given as a down payment and the remaining amount is paid at one time after certain periods, it is called “Interim Payment (100.000 USD after 6 months, 100.000 USD after 12 months and 100.000 USD after 18 months).
It is the payment in which part of the property amount is paid by using short-term or long-term housing loan from the bank.
* In general acceptance, housing loan cannot exceed 80% of the real estate amount.
* In other words, a minimum of 20% of the property amount must be paid to the construction company as a down payment.
For example; for a house amounting 350.000 USD, the maximum amount of housing loan (350.000 USD x 80%) is 280.000 USD. The maximum amount of bank loan that the investor can use is 280.000 USD and he has to pay 70.000 USD down payment directly to the construction company.
* For the maximum amount (80%), there is no necessity to use credit. If the property investor wishes, he can use the lower amount of the bank loan by making a higher down payment or interim payment to the company.
* If the floor easement title deed for the projects which are under construction has not been prepared yet, credit cannot be used from a bank other than the contracted banks by constructor company.
Banks take into consideretaion the following conditions in order to assign housing credit to customers individually.
1. Floor Easement Title Deed must be ready.
2. 80% of the construction level must be completed.