Ministry of Internal Affairs Issued a Gradual Normalization Circular in Turkey! Here are the new opening hours and other details of the curfew:
Turkey is coming out of full lockdown today after 17 days. The interior ministry sent a circular on "Gradual Normalization Measures" to the governorships.
According to the circular, gradual normalization period measures will be implemented from 05:00 on Monday, May 17 to 05:00 on Tuesday, June 1. Here are the details...
- In the gradual normalization period, the curfew will be restricted from 21.00-05.00 on weekdays and from 21.00 on Friday to 05.00 on Monday on weekends.
- In the gradual normalization period, there will be no curfew restrictions for those who have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine from citizens aged 65 and over, and those under 18 years of age.
- Cafes and restaurants will be able to operate as pick-up and takeaway service from 07.00 to 20.00 on weekdays, only pocket service from 20.00 to24.00, and only package service from 07.00 to24.00 on weekends.
- Intercity travel restrictions: It is decided not to apply intercity travel restrictions on periods and days when curfews are applied. There will be no restrictions on travel by public transportation on the period and days when curfews are applied, and an intercity travel permit should be taken to travel by private vehicle only in cases of necessity.
- To ensure that Preschools and kindergartens can continue their activities, it is decided to act in accordance with the Ministry of National Education's statement for other grade levels and schools.
- Although the marriage procedures will continue, the practice of not making wedding ceremonies and events such as engagement and henna, which are still in effect, will continue until June 1, 2021.
- Shops such as clothing, hosiery, glassware, hardware in the retail and service sector, and offices and bureaus, etc... Workplaces will be able to operate from 07.00 to 20.00 on weekdays.
During the gradual normalization period between 17 May and 1 June, the bellow workplaces will continue to be suspended temporarily.
Casino, tavern, pub, hookah hall/cafes, - Cinema halls, coffee house, clubhouse, tea garden, internet cafe/hall, electronic game areas, billiard halls, astroturf, swimming pool, sports halls, Turkish bath, sauna and massage parlors, amusement parks and theme parks.